May 22, 2011

Things I loved/was amused by today...

In an effort to appreciate/find humor in the small things...


my imported ($$$) bag of popcorn said "this side down" in 12 languages...

that Chin.ese people wear English sayings that they have no idea what they mean...


my newly purchased mug and bowl, along with my new breakfast creation: chopped apple, yogurt, and peanut butter and a mug of half-caf coffee, how did I live 6 months with no caffeine?...


this kid playing with boxes on his head outside my dormitory...



my hairdresser who patiently curled my friend's hair for 2 hours today (I'm going to teach him english, feed him a steak, take him to church, then marry him, you heard it here first ;) )...



- It's raining. Raining a lot. This means it's not 100 degrees and that's awesome.

-Remember when the newsstand lady told me I was fat so I can't buy Sprite and instead must buy water? Well today she told me I'm "Not fat anymore, just have a big butt." Well, thanks! I like her, she's funny.

-I emailed the American Embassy in Shanghai today about my school situation. When in doubt, bring in the big guns. :)


Happy Sunday.




walk slow. xoxo.

4 comments:

agapelife said...

"you just have a big butt" hahahaha

heard you were going to be in Europe this summer. where ya going and when?

Lizbeth Brown said...

does that one hat say, "I like blacks"?

Ke Xiao Mei said...

yes. and the shop owner had no idea what her merchandise said.

Carolina said...

My dear friend. We will be on your side of the globe soon. REINFORCEMENTS ARE COMING!!!