May 2, 2012

The B Word.

In the interest of full blog disclosure...

I would like to introduce you to my boyfriend, Yonathon. 




I hit the Ethiopian jackpot.

He's the first guy I've gone public with in all my 25 years - announcing in the e-world is a big step for me.

He has been worth the wait. I'm over the moon.

What started as, "hey - I like talking to you and I'm really attracted to you let's get dinner sometimes," has turned into a real relationship - slowly but surely.

After 2.5 months of dating and discovery, we labeled ourselves boyfriend/girlfriend last week. We shook on it. And I can't stop saying the B word.

My boyfriend is kind, brutally honest, polite, patient, emotionally aware, business savy, ambitious, a dreamer, passionate about many things, not afraid of challenges, able to take/tell jokes, a good listener/communicator, does not allow me to manipulate situations (key), flows with my mood changes and is able to adapt, a good cook, makes his bed every day, dresses well, remembers details, has solid friendships, has great relationships with his sisters and respects his mother. He is a US/Ethiopia dual citizen so I know he's not in it for the green card. (an unfortunate, honest concern of single American expats).

And look at those luscious Ethiopian lips. I win.

We met on a dance floor on Valentine's Day. I think it's quite appropriate.

I'll be back tomorrow to tell you what I've really been up to (a weekend retreat in Shanghai, work dinners, etc.) But I just couldn't hold it in any longer about my B word.

Yonathan is my boyfriend.
I am a happy, happy girlfriend.











walk slow. xoxo. 

1 comment:

agapelife said...

Jess! Thank you so much for sharing. I love knowing about this piece of your life. Many blessings to you, enjoy it!