May 4, 2012

full speed ahead.

Things havebeen busy but wonderful lately. I am sad I let the time build up before updating this thing so that I lose the little funny stories in liu of writing general updates. 

Oh well, live and learn. :) 

Last weekend was "Labor Day" here in Commie world and I got the priviledge of heading up to Shanghai with a group of friends for a retreat. We stayed in the urban jungle of the Shanghai 'burbs, a land of smog and never-ending rows of identical housing....


I've also been going to class. I have no idea what goes on in this class, so I just sit and read my Kindle while the teacher yells and smokes his pipe...


back to the retreat...there were 30 of us in atwo-story apartment, sleeping in sleeping bags on the floor and cooking up yummy treats in the oven (so excited for an oven!) We sang and played, and I took note that I am surrounded by amazing groups of people. It was a glorious (though exhausting) time and I was thankful to be invited...


good people and homemade Western food...


re-focusing together through songs and fellowship...


some brave souls slept on the roof (to the chagrin of the Chin.se security guards), I opted for the floor indoors...


It is the last week of my first year as an adjuct professor (hellooooo grading!). I'm getting a little nostalgic but at the same time need a break from checking my emails every 2 seconds. My boss was in town last week and we had a little gathering at a Thai restaurant...


AndI am finally done with my observations. One of my fave students bought me breakfast to celebrate the occassion...steamed bun, egg pancake, hardboiled egg, and half a sweet potato...



I'm moving at full speed with final grades due, a (surprise) bridal shower tomorrow, thesis revisions due to my students, and my boy's birthday this weekend. Oh, and I run a half marathon in 2 weeks...



Full speed ahead.




walk slow. xoxo

No comments: