Nov 25, 2011

thankfulness.

This fourth Thanksgiving in Chi.na, I am thankful for a job that I love.

(and worked for 10 hours on Thanksgiving day)


"My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is art teacher."



I am thankful for friends who become family in this land so far away.


I am thankful for an American potluck with africans, europeans, middle easterners, and chin.ese...
I am thankful for my many blessings.


I am thankful for travel opportunities to see the world and deepen my understanding of the complex ties that bind us all.

(Team India!)
I am thankful that our Dutch friend showed up in his American flag shirt.


I'm thankful for my kitty cat, dried persimmons, a new bike basket, and instant coffee.
I'm thankful for my new library card that gives me access to a few English books and having a scholarship to learn in a language I love.
I am thankful for my students - from both ends of the earth who often teach me more than I teach them.
But I am mostly thankful for my family - who never tells me no, asks me smart questions, and when I come up with a crazy idea tells me, "go for it."

Happy Thanksgiving from Chi.na.

Thankfulness, thankfulness is what I long for.
Thankfulness is what I need.
Thankfulness, thankfulness is what You want from me....




walk slow. xoxo.

1 comment:

Miss Lynda and Mr. Al said...

And we are thankful for you! For your beautiful example, your zest for life, your trust and tenacity, your sense of humor and willingness to share your adventures, great and small, with us! So thankful that your family embraced our family and gave us the opportunity to "grow up" with two beautiful god-daughters! Blessings abound. Love you!