Nov 14, 2011

Relief.

Today reassures my belief that good things come to those who....

wait...

trust...

hope...

and fight like hell.

After a trip into the office to, "check on my situation," I have in my possession the papers required for changing major. Tomorrow afternoon I have appointments for the signatures of my previous and new advisors.

Then I turn the paper into the international office and wait again. So, I'm not totally in the clear, but today was a significant step in the right direction.

I had a friend go with me to the office because having a backup would keep my emotions in check. I would be less likely to freak out on the guy or burst into tears if I had a good friend by my side. My emotions were so strong, she could feel my nerves emitting from my body.

That's some strong intensity.

After recieving the paper, she made some calls and we went over to the foreign philosophy department to seek out the help of a precious Chi.nese student. As part of the paperwork, I have to write in Chin.ese my reasons for changing major. Of course, it would be better to have a Chi.nese person do this, since my written Chin.ese is crap and this is an official document.

Precious (and gorgeous!) Leo listened to my tale of wanting a job in America teaching Chi.nese Studies and got to work drafting my letter. A few minutes later, my Chi.nese letter of intent was printed and stapled to my paperwork. A thousand times better than anything I could have written.

Use your resources. :)

Tomorrow I am taking the two of them (Hannah and Leo) out to lunch to thank them for their tremendous support and help today. I seriously could not make it here without my friends. Community living at it's most glorious.

Then I hit the gym.

And came home and bought a ticket to INDIA!

Spring Festival, 2012 will be spent traversing Northern India for 3 weeks with 2 of my guy friends. I can't believe it.

More on that later.

I'm going to soak in the feeling of relief that comes with my paperwork getting done.

Good things come to those who persevere.

Thank you for your thoughts as I lament to you via the internet. I appreciate it more than you could ever know.



walk slow. xoxo.




1 comment:

agapelife said...

Girl you are a testimony for what drive and providence will do!