Dec 7, 2010

chinese is hard.

I have a test tomorrow. Learning Chinese is one of the hardest things I've ever set out to do. And sometimes I (rightfully so) feel like this journey will never end.

I haven't prepared well for my test because my life is so busy. I'm going to be rearranging my schedule to include more studying. But first things first...gotta get through this test...


"There are many people studying Chinese now. I hope that all of you reporters, and the other ladies and gentlemen in attendance, can take up the study of Chinese. I believe that Chinese is one of the easiest languages in the world to learn. Otherwise, how can you explain why 1.3 billion people have chosen it as their mother tongue?"
-Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi





walk slow. xoxo.

3 comments:

agapelife said...

for some reason that quote cracked me up.

Kendall said...

wishing you luck tomorrow!! xoxo kendall

Ke Xiao Mei said...

Thanks guys! I know Rae, I always think of that quote when I'm studying. It's just ridiculous. A friend here passed it around in an email once. It's like - logic-less. Very much like this country itself.