Mar 5, 2012

go time.

It's the time of my work semester where I never see my friends, have to squeeze in gym time (missed today! ah...) and run on little to no sleep in order to get it all done between work and school.

Somehow it all works.

Today in the back of a minivan with a Chin.ese driver being driven from one meeting to the next (3 meetings today, 2 tomorrow...and do it all again next Monday/Tuesday)...I looked at my co-worker and said,"I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants." He is much more experienced and I look up to him in our work world. He looked at me and said, "Me too. Me too."

That made me feel better. Maybe we are all just flying around by the seat of our pants, no one really has it all together, and we should just laugh.

And do our work.

Laughing.

My big girl job kicks into full force for about a month each American school semester. Today was the first day of that full force for this go around. In the next 3 weeks I will make 24 student visits and participate in meetings with the international relations departments of 10 Chin.ese universities alongside my boss and co-worker. Most of these meetings are held in Chin.ese and I play an active roll which makes me feel like a baller.

Since I don't really want to talk too much about work here in e-world (privacy? what's that???), here are some pics from the day...

We toured a new campus for the Hangzhou Tourism University....




Before having a feast with the director of whateverwhatever...


Then it was off to meet another delegation at a coffee shop where they poured brandy into our coffee (at 1:30pm). They weren't messing around. I may or may not have said, "Let's get this party started!" while bringing out contracts for them to sign. (and also before showing iphone photos of my cat to the whole table...they can't take me anywhere...)

At least I was dressed well...


After a billion meetings and then heading back to go to my own night class - the philosophy of the Qin and Han Dynasties...(my brain is bleeding Chin.ese after a full day in another language...) I headed to Walmart for some cat food, milk, and Gruel. Minus the Gruel.

I am now indulging in kitty kisses before crashing. Gotta do it all again tomorrow. I.am.so.tired. Must.make.Chin.ese.brain.work...


My game face is on. It's go time. Workworkwork....

by the seat of my pants.




walk slow. xoxo.

No comments: