Mar 3, 2012

dude lenses.

I recently met up with Adam to get the boys' India pics and laugh at our memories over caesar salads.

Here are some of my favorites from the boys' bunch...

Taj:

rowing the boat on the Ganges River after dark in Varanasi:


I like little people best and miss them in my life (thanks to my years as a pre-school aid and camp counselor). This little dude walked up to me and held out his hand for a handshake (provoked by his fam), it was a precious moment and I'm so thankful Zach was there to capture it...Jillianwalla Bagh, Amritsar...


This is possibly my favorite photo of me ever of all time. I was talking to the cow, and Zach captured the moment without my knowledge. On the way to our hotel, Varanasi....


view from one of many trains....

security to visit the Pakistan/India border closing...

the Amber Fort, Jaipur...

"everybody's got a water buffalo! yours is fast but mine is slow......" veggie tales...

I have different view of modesty and women's rights after observing women for several weeks...



Memory lane is paved with wonder.

And there's more pics where those came from... :) Stay tuned for the next time India nostalgia hits.

In an exciting turn of events, my PhD dissertation will most likely involve India. My advisor would like me to research the philosophical impact of religion in India and Ch.ina as the world's dominant developing countries and write a comparative paper. I.Am.Stoked.

I'm in the early stages of reading/research right now, but I am so excited that what began as a trip has turned into a passion and possible research topic.

Life is full of surprises.




walk slow. xoxo.

No comments: