Apr 2, 2012

stairs sunday.

There's 49 days til the Great Wall of Chi.na Half Marathon.

Today was "Stairs Sunday." The endorphin packed day of the week where my training partner and I run the stairs in her apartment complex and then talk about our (lack of) butt muscles for 30 minutes.

We run up/elevator down to help save our knees for when we're 90. Because Jess is in shape and I'm a slug, I end up taking photos of myself while waiting for her elevator to return to me on the 16th floor. I get lots of beauties like this one that prove when your heart rate is 800/6700 it is impossible to smile...


I finally caught up to her (a miracle) and showed her my beauty shots for a sec while we chugged water. "Document me!" she said. "You're too freakin fast!" I gasped through shallow breaths while snapping this blurry shot of the machine herself...


Wore my Boston shirt for you, Dad! Marathon Monday is 2 weeks away!


Then I ate an 80cent ice cream float from McDonalds. Because if I'm going to die on the Great Wall in 49 days, I want to have enjoyed all of life's little pleasures...



Happy Stairs/Palm Sunday.


Cheers.





walk slow. xoxo.

2 comments:

Miss Lynda said...

You go girl! And if you ask me, ice cream is always the answer! Take good care and have a blast. After all.... if it's not fun, why do it?! Sound familiar? Love you Jessica and know that you will get the job done. On your mark, get set.....

Ke Xiao Mei said...

i love you, Ms. Lynda!