Apr 13, 2012

a trip to the veggie market.

Every few days I walk to my neighborhood veggie market to barter with the best of 'em for my sustanence.


Piles of seasonal produce lay on the dirty floor and dirty counter tops. I've stopped counting the rats. I listen to the old people talking to find out what green peppers look best and if I should buy my eggs at the market or in the grocery store. Eavesdropping gives me all the info I need to know on the produce of the day.


Yesterday for about 3$ I walked out with this loot - a carrot, bell pepper, red onion, 2 sweet potatoes, 2 tomatoes, 6 eggs, and a kilogram of strawberries.


Yum. I love my veggie market. Dirt, rats, no health standards, and all. It's all part of Ch.ina life.

Though I sometimes dream of Publix. Sigh.




walk slow. xoxo.

No comments: