Jan 3, 2012

Sitting in the airport.

I love airports.

I love the emotion and energy in airports. The expectation in the air is wonderful.

My view from my seat at gate 3 waiting on a flight to LA is normal - lots of Asians, a rich businessman on the phone talking about his business in Prague, and 90% of people staring at some electronic device. Left over Christmas decorations dangle above the unmanned check in counter and the beep beep of a people-mover can be heard ever 5 minutes when flights arrive.

I'm back in the airport alone. A place I know, a feeling if adrenaline I'm used to.

This morning was weird. After my shower I had to sit in the carpeted hallway in my towel and take some deep breaths. My heart started racing and I thought I was going to barf. At first I thought I was too hot with inadequate ventilation in the bathroom, but then I realized - anxiety. Rearing it's ugly, rarely experienced, head. Bah.

I'm fine now, sitting in the airport ambivalent about my 24 hour journey. My bags are haphazardly packed, face void of makeup, and a million loose ends left untied. But that's just the way it goes.

We're boarding soon. I guess I should end my one sided chat with the Internet. Ha.




Walk slow. Xoxo.

No comments: