Oct 6, 2015

Morning Thoughts in Haiku.

In or out please choose 
safe under the net we sleep
then you meow again 


try new things, even 
if it scares you. but tell your
moto please slow down 


red dirt red hair red
is everywhere. you might
think this is china. 


anticipation
will the lights work this morning 
water is bonus 


there are not enough 
baby wipes in the whole world 
to make me feel clean. 


small kids begging, as
I walk home to make dinner
this life is not fair 


be as curious
about the world as Afr'cans
are with redhead folk


on three continents
my cat has travelled with me 
global companion


deodorant is
useless when you haven’t done 
laundry in two weeks 


why did I bring so
much makeup to Africa
send me chocolate


I know I'm tasty
just ask the spider who bit
my leg for his lunch 


one person will not 
change the world, but isn't it 
our duty to try? 


in fifty years my 
grandchildren are going to 
think I'm a badass. 


walk to the market, 
sense overload? Nah, I would 
rather watch Netflix.

remind me again
why do others suffer while
I sit on the couch


how can it be real
that twenty years ago, blood 
flowed like a river 


is it ultimate 
forgiveness or ultimate
manipulation? 


so many unknowns, 
what is Rwanda? I can
just scratch the surface. 









walk slow. xoxo. 





No comments: