Jan 22, 2011

Food and a Wipeout.

Today was good/weird.

I had lunch with my old boss, new boss and a few of my students. It was good for open communication between me and the hospital. Relationships (professional or personal) are such a different ball-game here, so these big meals are an important part of keeping everything cool.

Sometimes when I am in a group with these students I can't believe such professional and successful/smart people are my students. I feel in no way up to par with anesthesiologists, heart surgeons, and pharmacists. It's still strange to me that these people listen to and respect me. ha. I guess that's just an inferiority complex that needs to get worked out.

Anyways, it was a great time.

my old boss who is not my boss anymore (cue the angels), sidenote: Chin.ese people make me feel huge:

I went home to clean up a bit and then biked over to the best restaurant ever - Grandma's Kitchen to have a dinner party for my friend's parents who just arrived into town yesterday from America.

It was a great time, made me nostalgic for when my mom and sister came. I really wish they would come back (hint, hint). There's just something about having family around that is so special. Because we all live here without our families, when someone's comes to visit it is awesome.

After dinner is when things got weird.

We set out in a bike gang of 7 heading toward our friend's house to meet up with everyone again (some people taxied).

While we were biking cheerfully, I skid over some black ice and my bike flew out from under me. Before I knew what was happening I was face down on the bike path sprawled out.

I just layed there as bikes and motorcars skidded to a halt around me and slid to avoid me.

Miraculously (for real) no one hit/ran over me. This is seriously a miracle. I was in the middle of a group and no one hit me. Hallelujah.

I am shaken up and my knee is swollen and according to my doctor friend has a huge pocket of blood that will turn purple before it gets better.

It was a weird mix of emotions again tonight. First last night with the snow/fear/climbing thing and then tonight I was really not wanting to bother anyone with my hurtness. I didn't want anyone to wait for me and kept apologizing for being hurt. I hated the attention of people asking me if I was ok and telling me to take care as I left a few hours later.

These emotions are weird. I don't know where they are coming from.

But PTL it wasn't worse. I'll be fine by tomorrow.

I hope you are safe and happy wherever you are!

Walk Slow. xoxo.

No comments: