Mar 20, 2010

mmmmmm Poetry.

I love poetry group. We met for over 3 hours today and probably could have sat there for 3 more if some members of the group didn't have husbands and kids to look after.

Some of my favorite women in the world...:


One of today's selections chosen by Francis (2nd from right):

Beggarly Heart by Rabindranath Tagore

When the heart is hard and parched up,
come upon me with a shower of mercy.

When grace is lost from life,
come with a burst of song.

When tumultuous work raises its din on all sides shutting me out from
beyond, come to me, my lo.rd of silence, with thy pea.ce and rest.

When my beggarly heart sits crouched, shut up in a corner,
break open the door, my king, and come with the ceremony of a king.

When desire blinds the mind with delusion and dust, O thou ho.ly one,
thou wakeful, come with thy light and thy thunder.





walk slow. xoxo.



1 comment:

agapelife said...

so fun! I love that you have a little poetry group that meets!