Oct 5, 2012

People.

It's been a whirlwind last week. 

It is National Holiday week (or "Golden Week) in Chi.na. I don't have off work since my job is based in the good ol' USA, but my classes were canceled and most of my American students are traveling so the work load is light(er). It feels strange to not be traveling - strange to rather have a quiet week at home instead of braving the crowds. I think this is a sign of age. Or poorness. Or something. 

I've reached a point in my Ch.ina journey where I feel like I've "seen it all" and would rather be surrounded by my people in my home city. 

I've got great people. Really, really great people. 

Here's a glimpse of my past week in pictures....


workin' it...


Sophie's first time making pizza! Yemi rented a fancy hotel with an oven for her birthday and we made tortilla pizzas!



Happy Bday Yemster!


With some past students at a work function in Shanghai...




Blue skies in Shanghai!


Shanghai train station madness...


view overlooking Hangzhou from a tea house for a Chin.ese grandpa's birthday...



Birthday feast...


Yemi's boyfriend's grandpa wanted foreigners at his birthday celebration. I fit the bill...



Just one of the family...

So. Many. Tourists. In. Hangzhou. For the holiday...Ahhhhh....



Tea with my BFF who leaves for America (for two years!) next month...I may have to go into mourning...not sure how I am going to survive...can't talk about it...


Dinner to celebrate Rachel's parents visiting (not pictured)...




Four years ago when I moved here I never would have thought I would feel this at home in this strange land. But I guess it really is the people that count. Wherever you are. 







walk slow. xoxo. 

1 comment:

agapelife said...

that birthday feast looks incredible!