You return to America and...
1. You find yourself standing incredibly close to the people in front of you when waiting in line.
2. You take 5 minutes to pull out of your neighborhood when driving because the oncoming traffic is driving so fast. (and you are not used to driving).
3. You gain 10 pounds in 3 weeks. (sugar! cheese! portion size!)
4. You find yourself in a large group of people and love the anonymity. AKA being in the majority is comforting. ("No one is staring at me/pointing at me/taking my picture!")
5. You can't sleep at night because it's so quiet.
6. Seeing the night stars makes you want to sing opera to a lover.
7. You point out every.single. sunrise or sunset to your family. "Look at the sky! Look at the colors!"
8. You can't go to a Target or Walmart store without spending 2 hours looking at all the pretty things.
9. You can't stop smelling freshly cleaned laundry.
10. Just being in a warm home, with carpet, dogs, and cable tv is the greatest and most content feeling in the world.
walk slow. xoxo.