Nov 29, 2015

Rainer Maria Rilke and Bathtime.

“It is clear that we must trust what is difficult; everything alive trusts in it, everything in Nature grows and defends itself any way it can and is spontaneously itself, tries to be itself at all costs and against all opposition. We know little, but that we must trust in what is difficult is a certainty that will never abandon us; it is good to be solitary, for solitude is difficult; that something is difficult must be one more reason for us to do it.” 

_Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet


Today's philosophical thought: Bucket bath time makes me cuss like a sailor. But I also think it makes me a better person. Things serve their purpose. What was once perceived as annoying or difficult can be adapted to. It just matters how much you allow yourself to be molded and how much of your perceived "rights" you are willing to let go of. 

I might bathe more often and life would be more convenient with a hot water shower. But I wouldn't have this time to reflect on my own first world desires and have the chance to work on changing my perception of needs. 


If something is difficult for us, it is more reason to do it. (repeat to self) 


where the water lives. 








walk slow. xoxo. 



No comments: