Nov 25, 2010

Thankfulness.

I woke up this morning to just any other day in Chi.na.

Thanksgiving Day. "Gan An Jie" in Chin.ese. ("with peace holiday").

But for me it's a day to take stock. What is important? What are the daily ways I am blessed and can be a blessing to others? I need to name the things I am thankful for. (we all do). And I need to live like I believe that I have things to be thankful for. Workin' on this.

I was contemplating these things, saying some prayers, and focusing myself on counting my blessings when I recieved a timely text...

I open my wallet and find no money
I open my pocket and find no coin
I open my life, find you,
then know how rich I am.
Happy Thanksgiving, Jassica, my friend.

from one of my students from last year at HDU.

Happy Thanksgiving from Chi.na. There is so much to be thankful for.



walk slow. xoxo.



No comments: