Mar 27, 2013

our story.

I don't really believe anything is, "over sharing."

If you spend more than 10 minutes with me on a given day, you know the status of my bladder, my feelings about my students, work, school issues, what I ate all day, how I'm feeling, and what I think about what you are wearing. I don't hesitate to put personal things on my blog because I have the, "everybody poops," perspective that we are humans having a human experience. We can relate to each others short comings, joys, mishaps, and adventures. If we can't laugh with/at each other, what do we have?

Except when it comes to my relationship. This junk is private.

If you haven't guessed, I am back with the boy that was the dramatic focal point of my heart-break post in October. It's true, he broke my heart by returning to Chi.na and then choosing not to jump back into a relationship with me after I had broken up with him (twice) previously. 

Our story is so complicated. So interesting. So personal. The only people who know the whole extent of it are us. And it's good that way. But in the spirit of sharing life, I want to catch my blog up to date on my relationship status. I've asked him how much he is comfortable being discussed on the blog and he answer is, "not a lot." Homeboy is a private soul, and thus teaches me to be more discretionary as well. But he also said that our story deserves some air time. Even if only to encourage others that perseverance and faith can reap great rewards.

We think we are a miracle. And we routinely congratulate ourselves for working for our relationship and not giving up.

We met in the wee hours of Valentine's Day 2012 on a dance floor. He called me the next day and asked me to dinner. We were both smitten and intrigued. We dated. I freaked out and broke up with him. He took me back. I freaked out again and broke up with him again. He returned to Ethiopia. I investigated my heart and my ideas of cultural faith. We missed each other. He started calling me. I found out about our age difference. I forgave him for hiding it from me. I asked him not to see other people. He returned to China for me. He freaked out on me because of our age difference and left me a week after returning to China. I hunted him down and begged him back. He said yes because he loves me. And I love him. We recently celebrated our 13 month anniversary. 

See...a miracle! We are inter-racial, inter-cultural, inter-religious (Greek Orthodox/Protestant Christian), and have a large age gap. (I'm older.) Yet somehow it completely makes sense. It's like this is how my relationship was meant to be. 

I have found the person who loves me unconditionally. I want to be the person that he sees when he looks at me. We make each other better. It turns out the fluffy Hallmark card crap is true...being a pair rather than a solo rider can be amazing. I had no idea! ha.

He loves that I have lived several years of adult life alone and that I know exactly who I am and what I want. He loves that I have opinions and ideas and big dreams. He keeps me from being destructive and provides insight when I am being dramatic. He laughs with me, believes in me, and loves me more than I think I deserve. I love that he is a listener, a thinker, a peace-maker, and a leader. He provides my life with adventure, exploration of a new culture, and discovery. We both think we are the lucky one. What a dream. 

We both agree that we'd rather have an unknown future and be together than be apart because of "rational" reasons and be miserable. I don't want to live safe. I want to be with the person who makes me ridiculously happy and then answer the big questions when we get there. There will always be big questions in life. And through this experience I have learned to let go, allow the unknowns of life to remain unknowns, and take risks, especially in the name of love.

So that's the basic story of my, "little relationship that could".

Blog update - complete.

Isn't he a gem? :)

(And aren't our babies going to be the CUTEST THINGS YOU'VE EVER SEEN????!!!) Wait - I get ahead of myself sometimes. haha. JK.












And that's the story of how I became a, "we."



walk slow. xoxo.

9 comments:

agapelife said...

thanks for sharing! Wish we could have been in our living room at Grove, eating tofu ice cream while you told me all about it - but a blog is the next best things! xoxo

Anonymous said...

The fitness tips for motivation we've been discussing can be very powerful if you use them. The second option is to use headphones as you probably did at the gym in the past. Pencil in at least three workouts a week on your calendar.

My web blog - http://www.thepressreleases.info

Anonymous said...

They do not insert secret or additional advertising in our material.
This is merely a reflection of the fact that people are on the lookout for a break from the stresses of life.

If you cannot get over something that went wrong in your life, remember this quote, 'Do not blame yourself for past errors.

My site ... please click the next internet page

Anonymous said...

So, before you play, make sure you stretch the muscles used in swinging your golf club.
According to experts, water and juices from various kinds of fruit are essential part of good diet.
To keep one motivated it is important to alternate the activities after one to two weeks.


My web page :: http://friendsseeking.com

Anonymous said...

[p]This kind of shoes is a pair of professional [url=http://www.uggoutletuksale.co.uk]ugg boots clearance uk[/url] sport shoes . Tall boots can be knee height or higher . Warhammer 40K Space Marine review [url=http://www.uggoutletuksale.co.uk]ugg boots outlet sale[/url] The smarter side of slaughterNee, in feite, de heer Bertram, moet u me niet kwalijk . Synthetic ugg boots fall apart quickly and will not keep [url=http://www.uggoutletuksale.co.uk]cheap ugg boots outlet[/url] you as warm and comfortable as genuine Australian ugg boots . Es Zustzliche Informationen ber Kanada online kanadischen Online Ugg Boots introduced . Just be certain that conduct is find a store, if at all possible Aussie, in legitimate more attractive your footwear . Cyclops [url=http://www.uggoutletuksale.co.uk]ugg boots outlet uk[/url] boasts directed mutantkind as M-Day by way of starting to become ruthless . Classic a breeze fender boasts about absolute diploma and [url=http://www.uggoutletuksale.co.uk]ugg boots outlet[/url] is addressed custom to check out about bomber jackets.[/p]

Anonymous said...

I am really happy to glance at this webpage posts which consists of lots of valuable facts, thanks for providing such statistics.


my web site; click the up coming webpage

Anonymous said...

People sometimes tend to think, “if only I were a celebrity, everything would be better”.
But unlike their blank counterparts, custom lanyards also can proclaim a marketing
or motivational message to customers and employees.
He covers gossip on celebrities, actors and musicians.



my homepage: latest celebrity news

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I want to subscribe for this blog to get most up-to-date updates,
therefore where can i do it please assist.


Here is my blog post ... http://crew.valkry.com/profile-22880/info/

Anonymous said...

Here again you want to find or even create an angle or slant in which you can take headline news and 'incorporate' it into
a post you are composing. Stay connected with for the latest tit-bits of pick me up
news and cool celebrity pictures. With this online store you need
not worry about being fooled because the site is accorded security.


Look into my website latest celeb news